Friday, September 18, 2015

Fabulous Baker Boy + Shima + New Ubin Seafood + Tanuki Raw + Cedele


Just completed my law mid-sem test today and its wee hours in the morning before the start my short study break to myself (which I'm really looking forward to) before the tedious end-sem exams.

So I have some time to quickly blog about past events before all my posts get clogged up for good in my computer. And here's some foodie finds (as usual) making my stomach growl at 4 am.
Btw, I updated my food tabs above ^ you can see Food Places I Visited (Locations) I would recommend my current favorites at the moment so do check em out!

The Fabulous Baker Boy
The Foothills
70 River Valley Road #01-15 
Singapore 179037

Always wanted to try this cafe cause of its huge arrays of cake, and they have indeed returned aft their renovation, making them fully air-conditioned.


My advise is: skip their mains, but do come here for their cakes, because they have so many flavors to choose from and all surprisingly good, I would go down just to takeaway some of their cakes!


Eggs Ben - The Fab w smoked salmon (S$16.50)
Look wise, fab checked. Taste wise, quite a disappointment, had better egg benedicts. For example group therapy's salmon egg benedicts.


Chili Crab Mac & Cheese (S$18)
Another disappointing main I was looking forward to, cheese taste was way too faint and light, just like the color of my photo hahaha


But the cakes! Prices are 8 bucks per slice and above, were goodddddd. Their Red Velvet Cake seems to be the most popular red velvet cake around and yes, most definitely one of the best I've tried!



took away carrot cake and apple cider cake since their cakes were reasonably big in sizes, so I couldn't possibly have eaten so many slices while dining there and both are equally good and on par with the red velvet hype as well!


Another rdm day w my mom at town!~


met jj during his lunch break so we had cedele tgt hahaha


they serve pretty good carrot cakes as well, goes well with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream ^^


mains wise, their black pepper pasta with soft shelled crab is a change, but I liked their portobello mushroom with grilled chicken sandwich the best!


School with regina~




had teppanyaki @ tampines mall basement. 
Comfort food~ Super filling as they are generous with the vegetables they fry on the pan which includes my favorite beansprouts, which regina hates LOL so I got both portions. 
Three portions of very well seasoned vegetables + beef/dory fish/squid/wdv yummy main they serve = happy niania



visited regina's new pet bunny afterwards!


Since I'm talking about teppanyaki, I shall introduce you guys a place which serves teppanyaki buffet located at Goodwood park *.*


SHIMA
Level 1, Goodwood Park Hotel
22 Scotts Road, Singapore 228221
Operating Hours : Lunch from 12noon to 3pm
Dinner from 6pm to 10pm




Shima's teppanyaki lunch buffets are really value for money, it starts from $49.90++/pax on weekdays, and $59.90++/pax on weekends/public holidays

You'll get really stuffed as its a buffet, so you can order as much as you like from the menu, FREE FLOW OF SASHIMI, OYSTERS, PRAWNS AND EVERYTHING!



TEMPURA


GARLIC FRIED RICE



MY BEANSPROUTS LOL



NORWEGIAN SALMON


OYSTERS FROM HOKKAIDO




GARLIC PRAWNS


ONE OF MY FAV AMONG ALL THE - HONEY CHICKEN


BEEF CUBES


ok enough of the caps hehe sesame/green tea ice-cream is available too, but was too full to even ask for another serving of ice-cream anymore, maybe its like free flow too hahahaha



enjoyed my meal at shima! good concept, good food :)


New Ubin Seafood
Block 27 Sin Ming Road
Sin Ming Industrial Estate Sector A #01-174
Singapore 575680

One of my favorite seafood restaurant which serves zhi char in a unique twist!!



Soft Boiled Egg Special ($9)
Appetizer!! A 60 minute slow-cooked egg, served with truffle salt and a slice of foie gras, super yums!



US Angus Rib-Eye Steak ($12/100 gram)
Beef steaks here are from 500g -700g. Perfectly broiled to a medium rare and flavourful beef cubes, they are served on a wooden chopping board with potato wedges and caramelised onion on the side
Definitely a must-try!!


The Angus beef steak order is served with a complementary plate of signature beef fried rice using charred fat, burnt ends from the steak. Cooked claypot style, the beef rice is very fragrant!!


Salted Egg Squid ($12/18/20)
cannot get enough of their grainy egg paste here!!


Fish Roe, Cincalok and Petai Beans
unique peranakan dish which will either make/break it based on personal tastebuds hehe


overall I really enjoyed my dinner here and would come back again to try other mains they offer as all seems pretty good and unique to me compared to other zhi char stalls around SG!


Tanuki Raw
#02-03 Orchard Central
181 Orchard Road
Singapore 238896

came here because of their affordable oyster happy hours & the instagramable Truffle Yakiniku Don which wasn't available cause we came around dinner time >: (lunch bowls from 11.30 am - 3 pm only!)


service was kinda bad tbh..



But perhaps its a good place for happy hours (or maybe oyster hour?) in town to be!
5 pm - 8 pm daily
$2 for freshly shucked oyster (limit 6 per drink, means one drink needs to be ordered for 6 oysters)
$7 for 5 slices of salmon sashimi
$10 martinis/cocktails
$12 per pint


oysters were value for money, but their cocktails weren't


Rockstar ($10)
seared salmon draped over mozzarella and mentaiko sauce


Steak Tartar ($21)
Minced australian raw beef with sake poached fuji apples, wasabi mustard and truffle salt


Ocean Rockefeller ($12)
Raw salmon, scallop, and spicy lobster, torched mozzarella 


some retarded beef with rice choice (look like food court one please) cause we thought it would be similar to the rice bowl HAHAHAHA.


end abruptly cause I'm too lazy hehe be back soon xx!

No comments:

Post a Comment