Friday, November 6, 2015

The Cold Pantry + Brother Bird + Clinton St. Baking Company & Restaurant

Short quick updates before my flight to Jakarta & then Bali tmr!~

The Cold Pantry
131 Rangoon Rd 
Singapore 218409

Stumbled upon one of my newest approved place for soft serve, froyo & waffles!



Thai Milk Tea Ice Cream Float (S$7)
One of the best cha yens I've had in Singapore, not too sweet nor artificle, accompanied with thai milk tea soft serve. One of my favorites on the menu!

Chocolate Root Beer (S$12.50)
served with charcoal vanilla flavored soft serve drenched over with root beer sauce on the waffles + cookie below the soft serve makes this one of the most unique and tasty ice-cream waffle combi I've had this year!

A must return spot for desserts!

Brother Bird
30 Bali Lane 
Singapore 189866

Another ordinary looking dessert shop tucked away around haji area, yet bringing a whole new soft-serve shape + yummy mochi rice donut replacement over the usual waffle concepts.

my date :*


Had an overpriced and kinda tasteless Matcha Lemonade here tho.. maybe sugar syrup was forgotten..

Classic (S$12.90)
Had their classic soft serve with salted caramel, kinako powder, almond crunch and berries crisps.
Had the dual swirl combo of Matcha + Cookie Butter flavored soft serve shaped like a bird's dropping (perhaps linked to the name of the cafe) but nevertheless it was excellent. A new and brilliant concept. I love chewy rice cakes and donuts of all sorts so it was super tasty. Will come back to try their fried ''liu sha'' rice balls!!

me getting turned on by bird droppings hahaha




Clinton St. Baking Company & Restaurant
31 Purvis Street
Singapore 188608

Heard of this Clinton Street Baking Company & Restaurant voted "best pancakes", "best fried chicken" and "best burgers" in New York and it has arrived in Singapore so I had to try it.
A brunch venue where it opens only from 8 am - 6 pm daily which explains the crowd when I was there on a weekday at around 2 to 3pm, after lunch hour timings yet still a full-house.

perks: all day breakfast is served till 6pm except for some items on the lunch menu which is only available after 11.30am.




Disappointing affair with their Blueberry Milkshake which was introduced as one of the more popular flavors which unfortunately would not bring any boys to the yard. Ice-cream used for this blend tasted thick and cheap, one of the worst milkshakes I've tasted, even compared to melted ones.

Pancakes with Warm Maple Butter (S$18)
had mine with blueberries and sadly, I do not think what I consumed gets the "best pancakes" title in NYC nor Singapore, in my opinion, perhaps the one in New york or other provinces would fare better. I love savoury items but this got too much to be shared even between two.

Buttermilk Fried Chicken Plate (S$25)
Award winning recipe, matched honey tobasco sauce, colesaw which was so GOOD and a choice of sides which I chose their hand-cut fries which was worthily praised. Their fries were indeed delicious fried with potato skin on. Chicken was nicely done and flavored, this dish was the best among all and something worth exclaiming instead of the others.

other unique brunch items that I would have ordered if I came in a larger group would be their Egg Benedicts, served on top of oven toasted buttermilk biscuits or their Crispy Potato Pancakes which both sounds convincing, but I'm not sure if I'll even return to this franchise in Singapore.

thats all for my short update!!! Hope to greet you guys from indonesia in around 24 hours time with awesome photos @Pinkyniakoh :D

No comments:

Post a Comment