Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Aussie Inspired Brunch at The Lokal


Met up with one of my best guy friend KY, for brunch few weeks back and I picked The Lokal since its one of the more recommended cafes in the area! 

The Lokal serves western style comfort food similar to cafes in Melbourne. The owner is from Sydney, no doubt this cafe was filled with Australians during my visit hahaha.

I wanted to try the popular Lokal Lobster Roll on the brunch menu which received so many praises but I was here on a weekend so it wasn't available (only available on weekdays :( )!!

Mixed Red Berries, Agave Nectar, Fresh Milk and Vanilla Smoothie ($10)
We both chose smoothies due to the super hot weather and their smoothie was surprisingly good!! In fact one of the better smoothies I have tried in Singapore. So ordering one for myself was good because I finished it in no time.

Grilled Sausages ($23)
Made up of homemade sauerkraut (sausages grilled to perfection without the usual artificial taste), Sauteed potatoes, fried egg, onion jam and some aussie tasting colesaw plated beautifully on the wooden platter.

I opted for the brunch menu's "Pimp Your Breakfast"
where you get to choose which ingredients to mix and match on your plate!
I had Toast ($1.75), Baked Beans ($6) - a little too aussie for our liking, Sauteed Mushrooms ($5), Scrambled Eggs ($5) - so fluffy, Smoked Salmon ($6) and Roast Beef ($8) which both were yums.

Overall, Brunch at The Lokal is pleasant enough for a second visit, especially to try the more unique items on their menu. Being the last few customers, we were given their delicious muffins to takeaway. A place worth recommending for brunch!

The LoKal
136 Neil Road
Singapore 088865

Opening Hours:
Mon-Fri: Breakfast & Lunch menu, 8 am – 3.30 pm. 
Tea menu, 3:30 – 6pm.
Sat & Sun: All day brunch 10am-4pm

No comments:

Post a Comment