Sunday, November 3, 2013

Kith Cafe + Createaf Waffles + Changi Village Food Centre



Hi guys, happy belated deepavali & this marks the end of the week I guess. So I am slightly more free this weekend & that's when I start thinking alot and wondering on how mundane life is for me. Dont worry, I am not being sad. Just that I have slightly more time on my hands to type out some of my thoughts, has been awhile now. Boy am I glad sometimes I have this space here to rant instead of just keeping things to myself or tell my already occupied friends.

It just hit me when I was drinking my bubble tea yesterday, alone at a water fountain. I choked and i almost died. Choking on a pearl. Alone. hahaha its like quite sad. LOL! Its like my life, it has no aim. I know what my dreams are, but in reality, I am not sure on how to achieve them. I don't want to be just a normal person who got born into the world and died. I want to do something with my life. To me, I either be freaking successful with a dream career. Or have a soul mate whom I really love, alot. Only if I achieve one of these things in my lifespan, my life, it wouldn't be wasted. But then again, sometimes I feel like I am way too locked up, if only someone would/could have the capability of solving me. I am unpredictable, but the other day someone amused me by saying he would want to take me on a flight around singapore - literally - haha always amused by little things like that.

My friend sent me a paragraph from some book the other day. Somehow it signifies where my life is in pieces now. & I am just going to quote it 

"So now you're about to turn twenty and the world hasn't gotten any bigger for you. you're untouched, unloved, unprepared. your parents still pay for your gas. your friends all have internships(in my case relationships) one of them even got cast to be in a movie. you've got all this talent that you don't know how to share. the man at the McDonald's drive-thru held both sides of your hand when he handed you your change and you cried the entire way home. skin burns. you're about to turn twenty and you feel like you're fifteen. you sleep for fourteen hours and you still need a nap. (shit i sleep for 7 hours) the world is shrinking one empty heartache at a time. you're scared you'll never find anyone to love you, not even well. you'll settle for anything. don't. you're about to turn twenty and they never remind you how young that is. falling in love does not make you grow up, heartbreak does. and there is more than one way to fall apart. you're about to turn twenty and its okay if you aren't ready."

Anyways, I got started on this new Korean Drama - The Heirs. Its realllllllly good, and romantic, and perfect. (not forgetting the gorgeous casts) You guys should really watch it. But its so good you'll start to think like me. Compare your life to theirs. haha I know I am being dramatic but I cant help wishfully thinking these things happens in reality.

That got me into thinking, I know its so superficial, but I cant wait to grow older, and do plastic surgery. I would need a smaller face, a higher nose bridge.
*bites lips right?* 
haha I am sorry I am not contented easily nor satisfied. 
But this world, it taught me
only the strong survive.


Alright, shall stop my thoughts there for a min and so some short updates for the week.
Like really short heh. Wednesdate with my TWO of my fav peeps in the world. As usual, I found a place and after accompanying jon for his birthday present buying secret mission, where he was so stressed he ate all my candies *stares* we went and had dinner at

Kith Cafe
#01-01E, Park Mall
9 Penang Road

Daily: 8 am to 10 pm
Tel: 63388611

Better to make reservations because this cosy cafe we visited usually gets quite crowded during break timings. This outlet is at Douby Gaut, they have another at Robertson Quay.


Nice Al-fresco outdoor dining option we had to settle for since we didn't make any reservations. :(





The place is recommended for brunches, and some of their breakfast menu specialty like Big breakfast isn't available after 5pm sadly. So we had lesser variety that night to choose from.

So I would be back, for the brunch items since the ambiance there and food served is really rather decent. 


Set lunches and today's specialties.


big brother one -Junjie


and the unhappy me cause my phone hanged (explains the shabbily taken photographs taken by me aka the annoyed camera person of the night) and really couldn't unlock for quite some time until JJ had to press both the power off button and the main button tgt to reset it. Luckily it worked. You would have understood my crankiness when you cracked your previous phone before the previous phone you previously lost. (two phones in 3 months)


and my dear jon who looks retarded here hahaha


and he doesnt wanna take a photo with me anymore


Food tasted better than how it looks, since we dined outdoors with really bad lightings.

Crab Pasta
Linguine, crabmeat, garlic, chilli, cherry tomatoes.

Tasted really good, best out of the three pastas for the night, even JJ agrees. Very generous with the portions of crabmeat. Finished it till the plate was clean.


Beef Pasta
With beef tenderloin cubes, garlic, chilli, parmesan, baby spinach, cherry tomatoes, mushroom

Quite the recommended pasta but somehow it just tasted slightly bland that night? Maybe cause of the choice of pasta we switched it to, it was supposedly meant for spaghetti, but we had it with penne instead. So you guys can try it in spaghetti I would recommend :/ and not have switched it like us. Beef was well marinated though.


Mushroom Aglio Olio

Decent, how wrong can aglio olio get?


Lastly, saving the best for the last
Smoked Salmon Pizza

Would have tried another flavor, since I had tried the one at 
Bella Pizza (read the post here < the place serves one of the best pizzas exclaimed by ladyironchef) 
but the guys wanted this so. yup. But it really tasted very good as well. Like bella pizza's! or I can't really compare. hahaha



omg I would kill to have a slice of this now.



For desserts after dinner by the saying of "never too full for desserts" went to this in the vicinity

Createaf Waffles
#01-02 The Cathay
2 Handy Road

Sun - Thurs: 12 pm to 10 pm
Fri & Sat: 12 pm to 12 am


& it certainly did not disappoint! would be back here again, since they have promotions going on which is rather "creative" like its tag phrase. 

They are not as well known as other cafes which serves raved waffles in Singapore, but what we had was really good. Ordered Vanilla, rum & raisin (damn awesome I loved it), macadamia, hazelnut flavored ice-cream with the waffles (usually I would have ordered more colored ice-cream for the sake of the photo but im with guys, so oh wells) anyways the icecream certainly all didn't disappoint.

Would be back, esp when the waitress told me that their specialty was actually the Banana Chocolate Waffle 


If I can recall, this waffle stack of icecream was around 15 bucks.


brunch at the usually changi village hawker near to my place with the cousin this morning.

Actually was thinking of going to town to catch a movie and eat some nice food today. Since I was free. But most of my friends are busy or attached. And I really didn't want to go out with any strangers, or people I dont feel comfortable with. So maybe my life is quite sad after all haha sigh. byeeeeee




No comments:

Post a Comment